Sodium Carbonate, commonly known as ‘Washing Soda’ is highly valued as a key component of laundry soaps and other household cleaning products as it can easily remove dirt and tough greasy stains from clothes, utensils, floors, and various other surfaces. It is also referred to as Soda Ash or Soda Powder.
Whilst other brands of Washing Soda are often synthetically processed from a combination of common salt, ammonia and limestone, our Natural Sodium Carbonate is all natural! Not processed, but harvested from deep underground ancient, mineral deposits of Sodium Carbonates & Bicarbonates. The mix is brought to the surface where a simple filtering and refining process produces a premium Sodium Carbonate.
* Washing soda is a key component of laundry soaps and other household cleaning products reputed to easily remove dirt and tough greasy stains from clothes, utensils, floors, and various other surfaces. When added to washing powders it works with the washing powder for a cleaner, softer wash. You use less washing powder and get a cleaner clean as it softens the water allowing detergent to lather and clean! One suggestion is to add ½ cup of washing soda to your washing water and then use less detergent.
* Sodium Carbonate is also used as a cleansing agent for removing dirt stuck on silver and glass items.
* A Sodium Carbonate solution acts as a fungicide that can kill mould and mildew in damp areas of the house.
* Washing soda can be added to swimming pools to neutralise acid from repeated chlorine applications.
SAFETY & HANDLING: Please read before progressing to ‘Uses’.
Sodium Carbonate is a natural safe and effective product that has a multitude of uses. It has a very high alkalinity which may be an irritant to some folk if not handled correctly so we advice the following:
If you are very sensitive it may be best to wear rubber gloves and other protective gear when using. However in many cases when used as a diluted solution it is actually beneficial for the hands.
- It may be best to wear safety glasses to protect the eyes.
- Do not inhale or swallow.
- Do not use on aluminium, fibreglass or polished/waxed/varnished surfaces as it will react with each of these.
|Brand||Oils for Life Australia|