Our natural chest rub recipe is a great natural DIY alternative to other well know chest rubs and it smells great.
The recipe below will make around 200ml.
We use only doTERRA® essential oils when making our recipe because we have 100% confidence in their purity and potency. If using other branded essential oils, do your research to be confident there are no fillers or synthetic oils used in the essential oil.
Did you know? We sell a Chest Rub Kit that contains almost everything you need for this recipe along with labels for the jars. To view our kit click HERE.
What you need
- 90g Carrier Oil (e.g. Almond Oil)
- 40g Coconut Oil (not Fractionated Coconut Oil)
- 30g Organic Shea Butter
- 15g Bees Wax
- 3 drops Vitamin E
- 5 drops Lavender essential oil
- 5 drops Cedarwood essential oil
- 5 drops Peppermint essential oil
- 5 drops Eucalyptus essential oil
- 5 drops Tea Tree essential oil
- 5 drops Siberian Fir essential oil
- 4 drops Lemon essential oil
- 3 drops Frankincense essential oil
- Glass Jar/s (2 x 120ml jars is ideal)
What you do
- Place the Shea Butter and Bees Wax into a glass bowl (e.g. Pyrex) and gently melt over heat using a double boil method. Be careful of the hot steam.
- Once the Shea Butter and Bees Wax has melted, add in the Coconut Oil and Carrier Oil and mix until well combined.
- Remove the bowl from the saucepan and allow to cool.
- Once cooled, add in Vitamin E and the essential oils. It is important to allow the mixture to cool before adding the essential oils so that the therapeutic qualities of the oils are not destroyed by the heat.
- Mix the ingredients together and spoon into the jar/s.
- Let the mixture set further overnight.
Important! Bees wax has a low flash point. Be aware of this and only work with low heat temperatures while preparing this recipe. While the risk of the bees wax reaching flash point is low while double boiling, it is important to be aware of this.
Did you know? We sell a range of DIY labels (including Chest Rub) to put onto your jars. To view our labels click HERE.